embedded Libs - Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I run either IPv4 or IPv6, or must I run both?
- Either at compile-time or init-time, you may specify which protocols are enabled.
- If I enable both IPv4 and IPv6, do they really run at the same time?
- Yes. The HTTP, FTP and Telnet libraries all serve both AF_NET and IF_INET6 sockets simultaneously, and so can your custom applications.
- [How] can I reduce the ROM and RAM requirements of the library?
- As is described in the documentation, look closely at the
tcpdata.c file. It contains array dimensions which can be reduced, capabilities which can be disabled and also references to menu commands which can be omitted.